Mercy Children's Hospital
Services - Critical Care Transport
Our critical care transport services integrate all air and ground emergency transport services of Mercy St. Vincent Medical Center, Mercy Children’s Hospital, University of Toledo Medical Center and St. Rita’s Medical Center. Mercy St. Vincent is a Level I Trauma Center with Pediatric Commitment . The Critical Care Transport Network supports the patient’s need for continuity of care and reassurance. The same critical care team remains with the patient from arrival on the scene, through delivery at the hospital.
- Five Life Flight helicopters Specially trained critical care nurse/paramedic/emergency medicine physician team, staffed around the clock.
- Fully equipped for critical care during transport.
- Provides transport for up to two patients and medical team.
- Neonate Transport Team, transporting high-risk and critically ill neonates.
- Team may include a neonatologist , neonatal nurse practitioner, a neonatal ICU nurse and a respiratory therapist.
- Equipped with a transport isolette and all of the necessary “extras” required for transport of the neonate.
- Seven Mobile Intensive Care Units.
- Specially trained critical care nurse/paramedic team, staffed around the clock.
- Dispatched from strategic regional bases to minimize response times.
- Available 24 hours a day, including when Life Flight helicopters are grounded due to inclement weather.
One locally based unit outfitted for the special needs of critically ill or injured babies and children, as well as adults, and staffed with pediatric neonatal specialists as needed for each request.
Cathleen Nelson, Administrator
Lori Mizla, Director
2213 Cherry St.
Toledo, OH 43608