Mercy Children's Hospital
Kohl's Kids in Action
Here are some cool ideas to help you sleep nine to 10 hours a night.
- Find the time. Go to bed the same time every night - and yes, that means weekends, too. If you go to bed later on Saturday night and "sleep in" on Sunday morning, you won't be sleepy at your normal bedtime on Sunday night, which will leave you
sluggish and sleepy all day Monday at school.
- Unplug your bedroom. Turn off TVs, computers and cell phones that can mess up your sleep.
- Have a “pre-game” routine. Take a warm bath, read a book, listen to soft music: whatever it takes to unwind before bedtime.
- Go totally decaf. The caffeine in cola, tea and chocolate you drink during the day can keep you wide-eyed all night long.
- Chill out. It's fun to do lots of activities, but rushing around too much can get you so wound up you can't sleep.