A whole orange goes into this refreshing drink, making it nice and thick.
1/2 cup overripe banana slices (have an adult help you with cutting)
1 tablespoon almond or peanut butter
1/2 cup fresh, frozen or canned pineapple chunks
1 orange sectioned*
2 ice cubes
3/4 cups plain low fat yogurt
1 tablespoon shreadded unsweetened coconutINSTRUCTIONS:
Wash your hands with soap and water, then gather all your kitchen gear and ingredients and put them on a clean counter.
(Always have a grown up help you when you use a blender)
1. Put the banana, almond butter (if no one is allergic to nuts), pineapple and orange in the blender. Put the top on tightly.
2. Turn the blender to medium and blend until the mixture is smooth.
3. Turn the machine off, and add the ice cubes, yogurt and coconut.
4. Put the top on tightly, turn the blender to medium and blend until the ice is chopped and the mixture is smooth but still pulpy.
5. Serve right away, or keep covered and refrigerate up to 4 hours.NOTES:
* Sectioned means pulled apart after you peel it.
© Chop-Chop Magazine
For more great recipes check out the ‘Kids Treats Cookbook’ or ‘Taste of Home: The Busy Family Cookbook’ at your local Kohl’s store. You’ll get some tasty recipes plus you’ll be supporting the Kohl’s Kids in Action program right here in Lucas County, Ohio.