Mercy Childen's Hospital
Mission and ValuesMission
Mercy extends the healing ministry of Jesus by improving the health of our communities with emphasis on people who are poor and under-served.
Mercy demonstrates behaviors reflecting our core values of compassion, excellence, human dignity, justice, sacredness of life and service.
Together We Commit To:
Our commitment to serve with mercy and tenderness.
Our commitment to be the best in the quality of our services and the stewardship of our resources.
- Human Dignity:
Our commitment to be respectful of all persons.
Our commitment to act with integrity, honesty and truthfulness.
- Sacredness of Life:
Our commitment to reverence all life.
Our commitment to respond to those in need.
Mercy Children’s Hospital incorporates the family-centered care philosophy into all of its services. At the heart of family-centered care is the belief that health-care providers and the family are partners, working together to best meet the needs of the child.
This is our Family-Centered Care philosophy statement, drafted by parents and adopted by our hospital administration:
Family-Centered Care Philosophy Statement
Family-centered care is an approach to the planning, delivery and evaluation of health care that is grounded in mutually beneficial partnerships between health-care providers and parents.
This philosophy is based on the following assumptions:
- The parent is the primary care coordinator for their child and is competent in this role.
- Parents will be given the information and tools they need to make appropriate choices for their child.
- The ongoing participation of the parent is critical to family-centered care.
- There is a high level of acceptance for individuality and cultural diversity.
- A parent is defined as an individual with the ongoing, primary responsibility of nurturing a child.