Mercy Children's Hospital
Surgery : Advanced TestingPatient Advance Testing Appointment
At Mercy Children’s Hospital and Surgery Center your care will be in the hands of qualified professionals dedicated to the individual needs of your child and family.
The need for a Patient Advance Testing appointment is determined based upon your child’s medical history and the surgeon’s orders. This appointment, if needed, is generally scheduled 4-14 days prior to your child’s surgery/procedure and:
- May include blood work, urinalysis, x-ray and EKG
- Allows the members of your child's healthcare team to review the results of diagnostic testing and plan your child's care
- May include an interview with a member of our nursing staff, a physical examination, and a reveiw of your child's medical history
- Includes an anesthesia component and education
- Includes information relating to the surgery/procedure
Please be on time as other patients are scheduled are also scheduled for testing. If you are late, your appointment may need to be rescheduled. Please call (419)251-4897.
Upon arrival at Mercy St. Vincent Medical Center/MercyChildren’s Hospital campus, please enter the main entrance off of Cherry and Delaware Streets. Parking is available in any of the three garage structures at no charge. Valet parking is available for a small charge at the main entrance of the hospital.
The Patient Advance Testing area is located within the Registration area off the main hallway. Information desk personnel can provide directions from the main entrance.
Please bring the following items with you to your child’s appointment:
- Your child’s medications in their original containers
- Insurance cards
- Any paperwork given to you by your child’s surgeon, such as orders, consent forms, etc.
Important: It is not necessary to bring any X-ray/MRI films with you to this appointment; but, please make sure you bring them with you on the day of surgery if you have been instructed to do so.
Prepare to be with us one to two hours the day of your visit. The length of your visit will depend upon your child’s medical history and the extent of diagnostic testing necessary. If you have difficulty keeping your scheduled appointment, or have further questions after reviewing this information please call 419/251-4897, Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m..