Mercy Health - St. Vincent Medical Center
P.O Box 636447
Cincinnati, Ohio 45263-6447
For Assistance: (855) 847-6049
Did You Know?
Stroke is the leading cause of death in the U.S.
- Stroke is the leading cause of death in the U.S.
- Stroke is the number one cause of adult disability
- One in four people who recover from a first stroke will have another stroke within 5 years.
- Every 45 seconds someone in America has a stroke
- Every 3 minutes someone in America dies as the result of a stroke
- The after-effects of a stroke can appear up to one year following the stroke event
- 10% of stroke survivors recover almost completely
- 25% of stroke survivors recover with minor impairments
- There are more than 4 million stroke survivors today
- The economic impact of stroke is estimated at $50 - $70 billion per year
- Fewer than 1 in 5 Americans can identify one stroke symptom
- About 700,000 Americans will have a stroke (new or recurrent) this year and more than 163,000 will die as a result
- Stroke will trigger nearly 30,000 new permanent nursing home admissions this year
- Ischemic stroke kills 1.9 million brain cells in 60 seconds
Mercy Health Stroke Center
Call 419-251-6262 to connect with a stroke specialist
|Our world-class team of physicians, surgeons, nurses, and clinical staff at the Mercy Health Stroke Center at Mercy Health - St. Vincent Medical Center and Mercy Health - St. Charles Hospital provide rapid, expert care for stroke patients to help reduce death and disability, reverse the impact of stroke, and provide the best possible quality of life for patients after recovery.
Designated a Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission, the Mercy Health Stroke Center is the recipient of their the Gold Seal of Approval®. The Stroke Center has scored above the Joint Commission’s national averages for its core measures, including stroke education, treatment and rehabilitation.
You can view these Quality results in more detail.
Located within the newly remodeled neuroscience unit, the Center is designed to provide patients with a comfortable and specialized environment for treatment and recovery. Our staff cares for patients in a holistic manner, paying close attention to their physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being and closely involving family members as part of the patient’s treatment and recovery process.
Emergency stroke care is also provided by the Mobile Stroke Unit. First of its kind in Northwest Ohio and only the fourth nationwide, this specialized “emergency room on wheels” is staffed 24/7 with a critical care nurse and a paramedic, as well as a CT technologist, to evaluate, diagnose and begin treatment immediately — wherever you are. In case of stroke, call 911, and ask for the Mobile Stroke Unit from The Mercy Health Neuroscience Institute.