Mercy St. Vincent Medical Center Auxiliary
The Mercy St. Vincent Medical Center Auxiliary was founded in 1895. The organization was then known as the St. Vincent Hospital Sewing Guild. The Guild's purpose was to sew bandages for hospital use. In 1935 seven graduates of the St. Vincent School of nursing founded "The Guild."
The Guild began fund-raising to assist the hospital in purchasing needed medical equipment. In 1984 the name was changed to the St. Vincent Medical Center Auxiliary.
The purpose of this volunteer organization it to promote the mission and philosophy of the Grey Nuns and Sisters of Mercy. The Auxiliary aids the hospital through its charitable, financial and educational activities. Membership is open to all individuals committed to the Auxiliary and its objectives.
Mercy St. Vincent Teen Volunteer Scholarship
The Mercy St. Vincent Auxiliary recognizes the dedication and service provided to our Medical Center through the Teen Volunteer Program. The Patricia A. Baibak Teen Volunteer Scholarships are offered to students who volunteer through the Volunteer Services Department only. It is a non-renewable scholarship sponsored and administered by the Auxiliary.
Student Scholarship Application Letter
Student Scholarship Application