Search our collection of healthy and delicious recipes.
Beef Vegetable Soup
Try out this recipe as the
days begin to get colder. There’s nothing like a hearty soup to help you look
forward to fall. This soup has plenty of vegetables—so important for a
1 beef shank bone
containing 1 pound of meat
2 ½ quarts of water
2 bay leaves
1/3 cup chopped celery
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon Morton Lite Salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground
1 envelope (1 ounce) onion
1 can (15 ounces) stewed
tomatoes with juice
1 package (10 ounces)
frozen mixed vegetables
1 cup peeled, diced
1 cup sliced celery
- Remove all visible fat from the beef.
- In a large, covered soup pot, simmer the
beef shank in water with bay leaves, celery leaves, parsley, Morton Lite Salt
Mixture, pepper and onion soup mix until meat is tender, about 2 ½ hours.
- Remove the bone, meat and bay leaves.
- Chill broth and remove any fat.
- Cut meat into bite-size pieces and return
- Add tomatoes, frozen vegetables, potatoes
- Cover and simmer for 25 minutes. Serve
Makes 10 servings.
Exchanges: 1 lean
meat; ½ bread; 1 vegetable
Diabetic Gourmet Magazine