Search our collection of healthy and delicious recipes.
Spinach Salad with Marinated Vegetables
This recipe gives you 3 ½ servings of vegetables.
1 cup small, bite-sized cauliflower pieces (fresh or thawed
1 cup sliced button mushrooms
8 stalks fresh asparagus, sliced on the diagonal, into
bite-sized pieces (about 1 cup)
1 14-ounce can quartered artichoke hearts, in water
½ cup reduced fat red wine vinaigrette or Italian dressing,
4 slices white or sourdough bread, with crusts cut off and
bread sliced into bite-sized cubes
5 cups tightly packed spinach leaves (about 6 ounces),
sliced into bite-sized pieces
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Steam or microwave together cauliflower, mushrooms and
asparagus until asparagus is tender-crisp.
- Place in a medium bowl with artichoke hearts and toss
with 3 tablespoons dressing.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Spread bread cubes in a shallow glass pan and toss with
2 tablespoons of vinaigrette.
- Bake 10 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool.
- Toss spinach leaves with remaining dressing and bread
cubes in a serving bowl.
- Top with marinated vegetables and serve.
Serves 4 people.
The National Cancer Institute