Search our collection of healthy and delicious recipes.
Even people watching their fat and salt can enjoy this
¾ pound boneless, skinless turkey or chicken breast, cut
into bite size pieces
1 2/3 cups unsalted chicken broth
1 ½ cups uncooked brown rice
4 ounces smoked turkey sausage
1 can (1 pound) unsalted tomatoes, crushed
½ cup thinly sliced celery (include leaves)
½ cup chopped green bell pepper
½ cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon crushed fresh garlic
1 bay leaf
1 to 2 teaspoons cajun or creole seasoning (to taste)
- Rinse the turkey or chicken and pat dry with a paper
- Coat a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray and
preheat over medium-high heat. Add the poultry and stir-fry for 2 to 3
minutes, until browned.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the skillet and stir to
mix well. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to low and cover.
- Simmer for 50 minutes or until the liquid has been
absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and allow to sit. Cover
for 5 minutes and serve.
|| 25 grams