Search our collection of healthy and delicious recipes.
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup peach nectar
¼ cup pineapple juice or peach juice (if desired, use juice reserved
from canned peaches)
2 cans (16 ounces each) of peaches packed in juice and drained; or 1 ¾
pounds fresh, sliced peaches
2 tablespoons tub margarine
1 cup dry pancake mix
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
½ cup sugar
2/3 cups evaporated skim milk
Non-stick cooking spray as needed
½ teaspoon nutmeg
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1. Combine cinnamon, vanilla, cornstarch, peach nectar and pineapple or peach
juice in saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly until mixture thickens and
2. Add sliced peaches to mixture.
3. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
4. In another saucepan, melt margarine and set aside.
5. Lightly spray 8-inch-square glass dish with cooking spray. Pour hot peach
mixture into dish.
6. In another bowl, combine pancake mix, flour, sugar and melted margarine.
Stir in milk. Quickly spoon this over peach mixture.
7. Combine nutmeg and brown sugar. Sprinkle on top of batter.
8. Bake at 400 Fahrenheit for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Cool and cut into 8 pieces.
Makes 8 servings.
Total fat: 4 grams
Saturated fat: less than 1 gram
Fiber: 2 grams
Cholesterol: less than 1 milligram
Protein: 4 grams
Carbohydrates: 54 grams
Sodium: 263 milligrams
Potassium: 284 milligrams
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute's "Keep the Beat: Heart Healthy Recipes"