Search our collection of healthy and delicious recipes.
Apple and Pork Stir Fry with Ginger
A full-of-flavor, fiber-rich, protein-rich, vitamin-rich recipe.
2 tablespoons peach jam
2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons water
½ teaspoon corn starch
1 ½ teaspoon dark toasted sesame oil
1 tablespoon finely minced fresh ginger root
½ pound pork tenderloin, cut into thin strips
1 ½ teaspoons canola oil
1 cup each chopped red, yellow and green bell pepper
1 8-ounce cal sliced water chestnuts, drained
2 firm apples cut into 1-inch pieces
½ cup scallions, thinly sliced
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 cups steamed brown rice or whole wheat angel hair pasta
1. In a small bowl, combine jam, soy sauce, water and corn starch. Set aside.
2. In large, non-stick skillet, heat sesame oil over medium-high heat. Add pork
and ginger and stir-fry until pork is browned and just cooked through, about
3 to 5 minutes.
3. Transfer pork and ginger to a bowl with slotted spoon.
4. Add canola oil to the skillet and stir-fry peppers, water chestnuts and apples
until peppers are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
5. Add pork back to the skillet, along with the scallions. Stir-fry for 30 seconds.
6. Add jam mixture, and continue to stir fry 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until
7. Season to taste with black pepper.
Serve over brown rice or whole wheat pasta.
Serves 4 people.
Protein: 17 grams
Carbohydrate: 55 grams
Fat: 8 grams
Saturated fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 345 milligrams
Fiber: 10 grams
The National Cancer Institute