Search our collection of healthy and delicious recipes.
1/8 teaspoon of black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup flour
4 chicken breasts, boned, skinless (5 ounces)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup Marsala wine
1/2 cup chicken stock, with fat skimmed from top
1/2 fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1. Mix together pepper, salt and flour. Coat chicken with this seasoned flour.
2. In a heavy-bottomed skillet, heat oil. Place chicken breasts in skillet and brown on both sides. Then remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
3. To the skillet, add wine and stir until the wine is heated. Add juice, stock and mushrooms. Stir to toss, reduce heat and cook for about 10 minutes until the sauce is partially reduced.
4. Return browned chicken breasts to skillet. Spoon sauce over the chicken.
5, Cover and cook for about 5 to 10 minutes or until chicken is done.
6. Serve sauce over chicken. Garnish with chopped parsley.
Makes 4 servings.
Total fat: 8 grams
Saturated fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 304 milligrams
Calcium: 55 milligrams
Iron: 5 milligrams
The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute