Search our collection of healthy and delicious recipes.
1/2 pound lasagna noodles, cooked in unsalted water
3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, part-skim, grated
1 1/2 cup cottage cheese (unsalted), fat free
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 1/2 cups zucchini, raw, sliced
2 1/2 cups tomato sauce, no salt added
2 teaspoons basil, dried
2 teaspoons oregano, dried
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1 clove garlic
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit. Lightly spray a 9- by 13-inch baking dish with vegetable oil spray.
2. In a small bowl, combine 1/8 cup mozzarella and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Set aside.
3. In medium bowl, combine remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese with all of the cottage cheese. Mix well and set aside.
4. Combine tomato sauce with remaining ingredients. Spread a thin layer of tomato sauce in the bottom of the baking dish. Add a third of the noodles in a single layer. Spread half of the cottage cheese mixture on top. Add a layer of zucchini.
5. Repeat the layering.
6. Add a thick coating of sauce. Top with noodles, sauce and reserved cheese mixture. Cover with aluminum foil.
7. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes. Cool for 10 to 15 minutes. Cut into 6 portions.
Yield: 6 servings. Serving size: one piece.
Total fat: 5 grams
Saturated fat: 6 grams
Cholesterol: 11 milligrams
Protein: 19 grams
Potassium: 561 milligrams
Sodium: 196 milligrams
Fiber: 5 grams
Carbohydrates: 41 grams
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, The Heart Truth