Search our collection of healthy and delicious recipes.
Marinated Confetti Vegetable Salad & Sparkling Peach Spritzer
This colorful salad and the peach spritzer use vegetables and fruit that are plentiful in the summer.
Marinated Confetti Vegetable Salad
Ingredients for Marinade
3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 ½ teaspoon corn oil
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon (or 1 clove) minced garlic)
¼ teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Ingredients for Salad
2 cups fresh corn kernels, cut from cob
1 cup diced tomato
1 cup peeled, diced cucumber
1. Place marinade ingredients in a jar, cover tightly with lid and shake to blend.
2. Combine corn, tomato and cucumber in serving dish. Pour marinade over vegetables and toss to coat.
3. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour to allow flavors to blend. Stir twice while chilling.
Calories from fat 18
Total fat 2grams
Saturated fat less than 1 gram
Sodium 303 milligrams
Carbohydrate 13 grams
Dietary fiber 1 gram
Sugars 3 grams
Protein 2 grams
Sparkling Peach Spritzer
4 chilled fresh peaches, peeled and pitted
2 cups chilled club soda
1. Place peaches in a blender and process until smooth.
2. Pour peach mixture into a tall pitcher and add club soda slowly. Stir and serve immediately.
3. Add fresh mint leaves, if desired.
Calories from fat 5
Total fat less than 1 gram
Saturated fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 0 milligram
Sodium 28 milligrams
Carbohydrate 10 grams
Dietary fiber 2 grams
Sugars 6 grams
Protein 1 gram
P. Geil, T. Ross. Diabetes Meals on $7 a Day or Less. American Diabetes Association, Alexandria, Virginia, 1999.