Search our collection of healthy and delicious recipes.
It’s time to celebrate pumpkins! The soup is good for chilly nights. Use one of your decorative pumpkins to make the dessert.
½ pound of mushrooms, sliced
½ cup chopped onion
2 tablespoons butter or oil
2 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon curry powder
3 cups chicken broth
1 1-pound can of pumpkin
1 tablespoon honey
dash of nutmeg
salt and pepper
1 cup evaporated milk
1. Sauté onions and mushrooms in butter or oil.
2. Add flour and curry and stir.
3. Gradually add broth.
4. Add everything but the milk and cook, stirring, for 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Add milk and heat through without boiling.
6. Top with sour cream or yogurt, if desired.
The Vermont Weathervane