Search our collection of healthy and delicious recipes.
Here’s a good way to use zucchini, which is in season during the summer.
½ pound of cooked lasagna noodles, in unsalted water
3/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese, part skim
1 ½ cups fat free cottage cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 ½ cup raw zucchini, sliced
2 ½ cups tomato sauce, no salt added
2 teaspoons dried basil
2 teaspoons dried oregano
¼ cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly spray a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with vegetable oil spray.
2. In a small bowl, combine 1/8 cup mozzarella and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, combine remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese with all of the cottage cheese. Mix well and set aside.
4. Combine tomato sauce with remaining ingredients. Spread a thin layer of tomato sauce in the bottom of the baking dish. Add a third of the noodles in a single layer. Spread half of the cottage cheese mixture on top. Add a layer of the zucchini. Repeat layering. Add a thin coating of sauce. Top with noodles, sauce and the reserved cheese mixture. Cover with aluminum foil.
5. Bake 30 to 40 minutes. Cool for 10 to 15 minutes. Cut into 6 portions
Yield: 6 servings.
Fat: 5 grams
Saturated fat: 2 grams
Cholesterol: 11 milligrams
Sodium: 380 milligrams
Calcium: 216 milligrams
Magnesium: 55 milligrams
Potassium: 561 milligrams
DASH recipes from the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute.