Search our collection of healthy and delicious recipes.
Southwestern Meatloaf with Spinach
You get more vegetables and fiber in this meatloaf recipe, plus it’s convenient because you can eat it hot or cold, so leftovers are a good option.
½ cup rolled oats (not quick-cooking or instant)
2 egg whites, beaten until frothy
1 cup tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 ¼ pounds ground turkey
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon oregano
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 package defrosted frozen spinach, squeezed dry
½ cup frozen, canned or fresh corn kernels
¼ cup chili sauce or ketchup
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large bowl, use a fork to mix together oats, egg whites and tomato.
3. Blend in turkey, chili powder, oregano, salt and freshly ground pepper.
4. Mix in spinach and corn.
5. Pack meatloaf firmly into 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
6. Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes.
7. Spread chili sauce or ketchup over top and continue baking until juices of meat run clear when meatloaf is pierce with a knife, or temperature in the center reads 165 degrees on an instant-read thermometer.
8. Let meatloaf sit for 15 minutes before slicing.
Makes 8 servings.
Fat: 4 grams
American Institute for Cancer Research.