Mercy billing and collection policies are consistent with our mission and values. When you receive a bill from Mercy, it covers the services you received at one of our healthcare delivery facilities. You may receive separate bills from your personal physician, surgeon, pathologist or other healthcare professional.Mercy St. Vincent Medical Center
419-251-4147 or 1-888-811-4147 Mercy St. Charles Hospital
419-251-2184 or 1-888-811-4147 Mercy St. Anne Hospital
419-251-1759 or 1-888-811-4147 Mercy Tiffin Hospital
1-866-794-2370 Mercy Willard Hospital
1-866-794-2370 Mercy Defiance Hospital
419-251-8606 or 1-888-811-4147.
You may do the following by telephone:
- Make a payment on your account using a credit card.
- Request an itemized statement.
- Provide insurance information.
- Update your address and telephone number.
- Obtain information on our financial assistance programs and more.
If you have specific questions about your account, our Customer Service Representatives are available Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 4:20 p.m. Spanish speaking representatives are also available.
We repeatedly offer patients access to financial help during their hospital stay and after, as well as with each billing notice. We send bills to collection as a last resort, only:
- When patients have the ability to pay some portion of their healthcare expenses but refuse to do so.
- When patients refuse to work with us to determine if they qualify for free or discounted care via federal, state, local or hospital assistance programs.
- When we are unable to locate the patient or the person responsible for the bill.