Mercy St. Anne Hospital
Senior Emergency Room
Our Senior ER rooms are specially-designed with:
- calming paint schemes
- non-skid flooring
- thicker, pressure-reducing mattresses
- easy to read clocks
- new TV sets with easy-to-use remote controls
- additional, more comfortable seating for family members and more
|After receiving care, our staff provides patients and their families or caregivers with a special discharge package that includes large print/patient-friendly follow up care instructions, a loyalty program check-in card for future visits and other special gifts.|
Senior ER patients receive help with discharge planning including rehabilitation, long-term care, and insurance/billing issues to ensure that they are well-prepared to leave the hospital and are less likely to have to be readmitted to the ER.
Our goal is to reduce our senior patients' possible anxiety during an ER experience, better understand their condition and medical needs, provide the best possible care, and lower their chance of readmission.
Take A Tour
- Mercy Home Care
- Care.com - Care for adults and seniors
- Catholic Charities - call 419/891-9200 x433 for information on support groups they run in northwest Ohio
- Hospice of Northwest Ohio
- National Council of Aging BenefitsCheckUp
- Northwest Ohio Web Guide for Caregivers
- Area Office on Aging of Northwestern Ohio (AOoA), Inc. provides quality services for older adults and their family caregivers. The AOoA offers a wide variety of programs to help younger and more active adults to remain healthy, vibrant and live long, quality lives. For older adults, there is help to remain as independent as possible. The AOoA can be contacted at 419-382-0624.
- Toledo Caregiver's Support Group - meets monthly at Calvary Assembly of God, located at 5025 Glendale Ave. (near Reynolds Road), Toledo, Ohio 43614. Meetings are held at 6:30 pm on the first Monday evening of the month (2nd Monday in July and September.) The group is co-facilitated by Kristen Schuchmann, MRC, LSW, PCC and Lisa Keaton, MSW, LSW. Please call/email Kristen at 419-383-6737 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Lisa at 419-383-6770 or email@example.com with any questions.
|Take a look inside the region’s first emergency room just for seniors – located within the Mercy St. Anne Emergency Department.|
Designed with the comfort and convenience of seniors in mind, you'll notice the difference as soon as you arrive.
View the Tour
Trained for the Care of Older Patients
The nursing staff at the Mercy St. Anne Hospital Senior ER has completed a comprehensive training program, The Care of Older Patients in the Emergency Department, at Mercy College of Northwest Ohio. The program focuses on specific issues of aging including identifying physical changes that occur throughout the systems and organs of the body, and mental health concerns such as dementia or memory loss.